The Directorate of Sport has three (3) main components for participation in sport which can be achieved through Community Sport, School Sport and Marginalized People in Sport. Namibia Sports Commission (NSC) is a stakeholder of the Directorate of Sport.
Division of School Sport Developmentt
- Coordinate and organize school sport activities at all times;
- Continuously provide opportunities for all learners to be involved in sport and physical recreation;
- Facilitate capacity building for sport administrators, trainers/coaches and referees/umpires when need arises; and
- Continuously ensure school sport participation at national, regional and international events by affiliating to International bodies
Division of Marginalized People and Women in Sport
- Facilitate the participation of marginalized people (including people with disabilities) and women in sport at all times;
- Conduct sport awareness during various platforms of National and international (disability and women day);
- Ensure that all sport facilities are disability friendly upon construction and alteration at all times;
- Continuously carry out research and review policy to design better programmes and projects for the targeted groups; and
- Ensure that all sport bodies attached to the division adhere to all national and international legal framework at all times.
Division of Community Sport
- Coordinate the construction and upgrading of sport facilities when need arises;
- Conduct community sport awareness during various platform such as (sport tournaments);
- Coordinate and organize community sport activities at all times;
- Continuously create pathway and support elite athletes; and
- Ensure adherence to national and international regulations that govern the sport industry.
Mr. Edelberth Katamba
Ms. Johanna Manuel
Mr. Irvine Ndjavera